Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Movies

At random times, I have often wished my children would take a binky (aka pacifier). Most of these moments were in the early colicky phases of their lives. Both kids, much to my dismay and constant trying, refused the binky. You name the brand - I bought it, they spit it out. Over and over again until my cabinet looked like a shelf at Babies R Us. Being they are 4.5 and 2 yrs old, I haven't had one of these moments in quite a while... until today. Today is the day I wish I had a big ole' pacifier to stick in my daughters mouth for a moments peace. Today I took them to the movies (a free program run in the summer so I didn't mind having to leave halfway through) and Chatty Cathy would not shut up! A bit harsh, you might say, but when the youngest of kids keep turning and glaring in your direction, amongst harsh sounds of SSSHH, I would say it isn't harsh enough. Emma gave commentary throughout the entire showing of Barnyard and an hour into the movie, I'd had enough and we were out of there. Ryan, of course, was quick to declare that Emma ruins everything. I know she's only two and 'what was I thinking?' but I figured a free KIDS movie would be the perfect place for her. She loves TV/movies, it was a big dark room and she was all set up with a booster seat and a kids snack pack. Besides, wouldn't the theater be full of other moms with toddlers looking to do something fun (and cheap)? Apparently our theater was full of campers who were none to amused with Emma's loud version of 'Rocking the Baby' as the young cow cradled his dead father. Strike this one up as another lesson learned.

No comments: