Last weekend was Homecoming for Ryan's football league. He had a great time at the game on Friday night and enjoyed the fan fair that accompanied it, especially hearing his name called over the PA system during team intros... by yours truly, I might add. Didn't know that was part of TEAM MOM when I signed on! But the most exciting part was rushing to a neighboring high school stadium so that he and his teammates could play in the halftime show. His reaction to the turf was priceless - he kept rubbing his cleats on it, like a bull ready to charge, and bending down to touch it. There were bright lights and a huge field and tons of people watching - it was pure heaven to a 5 yr old flag football player! Equally as exciting was the fact that the night was ALL ABOUT RYAN. We made sure to make it super special for him by leaving his little sister at home (thanks Aunt Janet!) and focusing all of our attention on the little man. And a good time was had by all!
There he is, our # 3!

So typical, I had to get a picture...

Again, by the second game it was dark and we were in the bleachers so I didn't get the best shots. Santa... are you out there Santa? Mama could sure use a new camera for Christmas (right behind the bb gun, of course). Something
simple like this would suffice.
A boy waiting to touch that turf!
No comments:
Post a Comment