Saturday, March 21, 2009

Katherine Jean

We are so happy to welcome our sweet baby girl, Katherine Jean!

Katie made her big debut on March 20th, the First Day of Spring. Tho arriving at a whopping 9lbs, 10 oz., she is no petite flower! Yes, that's nearly a 10lb baby and most of you have seen me during this pregnancy and even up until the end. I know I had a big belly but it wasn't THAT big. Her size only justifies my misery towards the end.

Thankfully my OB took pity on my situation (miserable, 3rd baby and 2 others at home to plan for) and induced me the night of my due date. I can't imagine if I had gone a week late this time - she'd be a 10lb-er for sure!

Katie is beautiful and still in the lovely newborn stage, tho she is currently hanging with her daddy after a bottle and watching March Madness - hope she's not going to be my late nighter! She loves having her head rubbed - hates diaper changes - and is already sporting her 1st pink bow! She is surrounded by her two biggest fans, Ryan & Emma - we'll see how that changes over the next few days and weeks!

Meet Katie Jean...

3 comments:

The Solomons Family said...

awww, LOVE her!!!!!!

The Quirk Family said...

so sweet can't wait to meet her.

Gaut4kidz said...

What a huge blessing! (no pun intended) I am happy she is here and safe and sound!