Monday, April 30, 2007

A Full Moon


I think today was the start of a full moon. I say that because in the 4.5 years of Ryan's life, he has never been known to put anything but the occassinal finger up his nose. That all changed today and I feel like there needs to be a reason to justify it so I am blaming the moon.

It was an interesting start to the day when Ryan began howling around 9:30AM. I raced in to find him hysterical and screaming "there's a bead stuck in my nose"! And boy, was it ever stuck. It was jammed WAY up there and I knew I didn't have a chance of getting it out. Luckily Grandmom was home, tho she was in route to the hospital as Aunt Jen was being induced this morning. She made a pit stop at our house so I could get Ryan to a Dr. We opted for the pediatrician first and off we went. By the time we got there, the Dr. couldn't even see the bead, it was so far up (I'm guessing all the crying and hysterics didn't help matters). He tried to get Ryan to blow his nose to get it to move into view (and then be grabbed by super long tweezers). I've been trying to teach Ryan to blow his nose for 2 years now - I figured this would be going nowhere fast. But somewhere between the crying and blowing out of his mouth, Ryan must have figured it out b/c all of a sudden that bead came flying out and landed in his lap. I can pretty much bet Ryan won't be doing that again!

No comments: