Anyway... Ryan's Crabby has the orange shell and Emma's has, oops, I mean had, the yellow shell. Crabby (Orange) was very full of life and enjoyed the occasional run through the grass and across the driveway. Crabby (Yellow) was more calm and liked to observe... he never tried to escape while playing outside and was happy and content just hanging out inside his fluorescent home. The kids adored their crabs and it was a good thing Emma was paired with the calmer one, as she handled that thing like it was a rock she had found on the sidewalk. Ryan is fond of shaking his in attempts to get him to come out and play.
Have you noticed yet, that I am speaking of Crabby and Crabby in two different tenses? That's because this morning Ryan alerted me with screams (from one floor down and over the loud noise of my hairdryer) that Emma's Crabby was dead. Thinking that he was just 'sleeping' as I have seen him do for more than 2 days straight, I went downstairs to find a very strange looking Crabby sitting motionless, sans shell, in the cage. A few pokes later and yep, Crabby had indeed bit the big one. Cue tears from Emma, sobbing for her crabby. Cue tears from Ryan, because he doesn't like Emma to cry. So there I sit, with 1 dead crab and 2 sobbing children. And then Ryan turns on the drama and between sobs gasps "Now Crabby won't have anyone to talk to. He's all alone" and with that, the wailing begins. Poor Ryan. Poor Emma. Poor Crabby. The dead one, that is - c'mon people, I know it's confusing but try to keep up!
So in honor of Crabby, and because I didn't get around to it sooner, we took a few pictures today. You might see the carcass of Crabby hanging out in the cage shot below (Orange Crabby is in the Hermie Hut) and the shell shots, well, that's just a vacant shell now. Poor, poor Crabby.




No comments:
Post a Comment