Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Skip to the loo...

... or if you are Emma, run! Look out people, EMMA IS POTTY TRAINED!!! Now for those of you following along, it's been a long journey but she is a girl and she is strong willed and she wanted to wait for November when I have to pull down a gazillion layers amongst cries of 'I have to go REALLY bad!' Why make things easy and use the potty in the summer when, say, we are wearing a light sundress? A long sweater, skirt and tights are much more interesting. But regardless, I am very happy that we seem to be at the end of the road. We are still wearing pull-ups for long excursions and certain occasions. Tomorrow she has dance class followed by her first trip to the dentist (stay tuned for what looks to be excellent blog material) and I just can't take that chance. I am not that brave. But next week, we plan to go panties all the way!

And since I now have a child whose entire body, it seems, must touch the toilet at some point, I am utterly disgusted at most public restrooms. And since she is following in the footsteps of Mr. I Need to Visit Every Potty on the Planet, we have 'been there, done that.' For whatever reason, Kohl's seems to have some crazy potty lure... 3 times in one (brief) trip. Yesterdays outing found us hanging out in the loo at locations such as Toys R Us, the Mall (twice) and Nordstrom (nice potty, btw). If you are out with us and suddenly we are missing, do not panic or call 911. Just find the closest bathroom and listen for the girl... you can't miss us!

PS... I can't wait for the first time she is out with Byron and needs to go and he has to take her into the mens room. He will never be the same again and Emma will use the word 'urinal' every chance she gets!

No comments: