Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Are You My Mother?

Tonight while shopping in a mall anchor store (name withheld), Janet and I were talking when the girl at the register asked, in all seriousness, if I was her mother. Let me paint a picture for you...


This is Janet...

This is me...

Do I look like her mother people, really, do I? Because the girl then continued to stick her foot in her mouth by adding that she thought Janet was 18 (years old) and I was 30. While both of those guesses would normally make us (ok me, Janet was feeling pretty good at this point) feel damn good, I couldn't seem to get over the fact that Janet will be 26 and I look like I could be her Mother. Maybe I need more sleep? Do I need more make-up? Do I look like I gave birth at the tender age of 12? More importantly, do I get one extra Mother's Day gift this year?

2 comments:

M5 said...

Sorry, A, but I am cracking up! Thanks for the laugh!! : )

The Quirk Family said...

Anita, My Mom was reading this and said she was laughing so hard, she was crying.