PLAYIN' AT THE PARK
After getting the 'all clear' from Ryan's doctor a week ago to be off the nebulizer, we decided to hit the park to break up the monotony. When we (I) made this decision, it was a bright and sunny spring day. Moments after we got to the park, it turned dark and windy and cold. I looked around for Nostradamus and since I didn't spot him, I decided it was safe to stay. For the next hour, we bounced between periods of dark and cold with a few raindrops for good measure and bright and sunny. The kids had a great time and I enjoyed a spot on the bench. I like this park b/c I can relax AND keep watch on the kids. The only thing I do not like is the merry-go-round thingy that just screams 'Someones gettin' hurt today!' No wonder my kids are drawn to it like a magnet.
I don't need a psychic to predict my ER days with Ryan are far from over.

**************************************
THE RAINBOW CONNECTION
Thursday was another day of weird weather. Just as I was feeding the kids, Ryan looks from his seat at the table and yells "wow, it's really raining!" I was on the other side of the kitchen and looked out the family room window and all I saw was sun. I looked through the kitchen and out the dining room window and it was pouring. We ran outside and sure enough there was a sun shower but it was only raining on the corner of my property. Across the street and where we stood, some 10 feet away, it was dry as a bone. While I was marveling at Mother Nature, Ryan yelled again. This time he was pointing behind me and I turned around to see a beautiful rainbow. It was huge! A very wide width and vibrant colors - you could clearly see them all. I ran inside to get Emma and my camera and by the time I made it back out, it was fading a bit. I could only capture a small chunk of it as the trees and houses down the street blocked my view. Later on that day I saw a few more spot showers - at one point, it was raining on a small patch of my neighbors lawn and nowhere else. I think that is one of the coolest things to see.


No comments:
Post a Comment