Gas-tritis, as defined by Yours Truly: an inflammation of the gastric mucosa of the stomach, mainly caused by filling your auto's gas tank. Symptoms include instant nausea, hyper-ventilating, and craziness that causes you to run around the house yelling at people to turn off the TV/lights/etc, close the fridge door and lay off the thermostat, MONEY DOESN'T GROW ON TREES, PEOPLE!!!! Ahem.
Hey, if some yahoo can suddenly declare that, after umpteen years, Pluto is no longer a planet, why can't we redefine words to fit today's economy? If you haven't caught up yet, I just gassed up Spiderman, (fondly named by Ryan's teacher) and I am still in a state of shock, tho the hyper-ventilating has subsided. Mostly. I just filled my tank with gold, apparently, and we all know it's at it's highest dollar value in quite some time. When I think of all the things I could have bought with that $78, the hyper-ventilating starts all over again. Maybe I shouldn't have gone to that station. Maybe I should have stuck with the one further up the street that will only allow you to pump a max. of $50. Ignorance is bliss. Good thing Bush came up with the tax relief program to jump start the economy. Too bad all it's going to do is go right to the oil companies. At least someone will be able to afford a tank of gas. I'm officially declaring a personal strike - if my destination is not within a 10 mile radius, it's no longer a destination. Except for you dad, I'll still be up for lunch tomorrow!
**CJ, this picture is for you. See, I listen to your
No comments:
Post a Comment