Wednesday, December 10, 2008

For all the Planco People

It has come to my attention that I may have some new readers in the near future... blush, blush! I'll do my best to keep you all entertained (aka, anything you want to know about my husband, just ask!).

Recently, Byron was asked to speak to a group as part of a discussion on working parents. Well today was the big day and from what I gather, he had the floor all to himself. This afternoon when he called home to say he had to attend a dinner tonight (no, of course I'm not drooling on the keyboard just thinking about how he's eating grown up people food and I'm not), he was telling me some of what he discussed. He talked about my reasons for quitting my job... Did you tell them I had a great job??, I interrupted? He talked about finding a balance and keeping the lines of communication open. He told them how I was the CFO and he's never paid a bill or has any knowledge of what they are each month, including the mortgage. He said that one got a lot of gasps but really people - isn't it more harmonious when the husbands don't see how much you spent on your hair last week or ask if someone stole your credit card and ran it up at Gap Kids?
I like to think it is. He also talked about his special time with the kids - spending QT with Emma in the morning when she's watching cartoons; Saturdays with Ryan going to breakfast, the dry cleaner and The Man Store. Some of you might know it as Home Depot. So in light of today's discussion, I thought I'd post a picture from last night when I bolted out the door after dinner and left him with 2 tired kids, a Gingerbread house and a lot of sugar! From the looks of it they did a great job and had a great time!


No comments: