Sunday, June 3, 2007

Captain Clam's Pirate Cruise

Ryan has a new love for all things Pirate, so we decided to venture further down South to Hatteras and take the kids on a Pirate Cruise. The ride down was pretty cool - you'd drive for miles with the dunes and the Ocean to your immediate left, and the sound on your immediate right. Not the place I'd want to be when a storm was coming in, that's for sure! The kids had a blast on the boat... the crew was dressed like pirates and they told stories and then armed each kid with a loaded water gun, an eye patch and a sword. The kids ran all over the boat shooting everyone in sight and looking out for other boats. What a surprise it was when another boat pulled up right beside us and began spraying everyone with hoses and buckets of water. You'll see what I mean as you scroll through the pictures. Somehow I got caught in the line of fire and Byron wound up inside the boat with the camera!




Emma and Uncle Eric after Em accidentally got a bucket of water dumped on her from the deck above. She was not a happy camper and I could hear her screams all the way in the back of the boat! Uncle Eric was all set for tryouts in case the show CHIPS ever makes a comeback!

Here's what I mean about getting ambushed by the other boat. Hard to see but they were using hoses and tossing huge buckets of water on us. As you can see, I had only my orange squirt gun to defend myself.



On the way back, we stopped at the Cape Hatteras lighthouse, the biggest of the 4 on the island. It closed at 5pm so we couldn't climb, but it was impressive enough from the ground! Here we have pictures of Emma and I and Grandmom & Pop.

No comments: