Monday, June 11, 2007

Running of the Monk

This weekend, Ryan's pre-school parish held the 7th Annual Running of the Monk. It's a challenging 5K as most of the course is a hill! I debated on running but seeing as how I hadn't run in a while (& when I do it's on my treadmill, on flat ground, in a climate controlled room with a TV to watch) and the temperature was in the 90's, I chickened out! But the kids ran the 'Little Monk' and had a great time. There was face painting, a moon bounce, plus lots of food & refreshing beverages to keep us all entertained. The sponsors gave the kids t-shirts and helmets. My kids love a good gift, no matter what the item, so they insisted on wearing them. Lucking, I was able to convince them it was too hot to race in helmets - could you imagine seeing this running towards you...


Here is the Monk! He actually runs the 5K too!

Ally & Ryan at the starting line for the Little Monk!

Emma and Jack were the last ones and they made their own course, lol!

Emma getting a hug from her boyfriend, Jack-Jack!

No comments: