Thursday, June 28, 2007

Trip to the Beach

Aunt Janet invited us to the beach for a few days, and after hours of packing for what looked like a week's stay, we were on our way! For two hours Ryan snored, Emma talked loudly to herself and anyone she felt might listen, and Grizzly (Janet & Adam's dog) wondered 'who the hell are these people'! The first day we skipped the beach since it was late afternoon and headed for the boardwalk for some dinner and a few rides. The next day we awoke eager to soak up the sun but all we got was wet! Ryan was crushed and wanted to know why God made it rain and ruined the day. My response 'because the animals were thirsty' did not go over well. But it cleared late in the day and we did unlimited rides on the boardwalk that night. Both kids had a blast! Our last day was perfect and we spent 5 hours on the beach playing in the sand, jumping the waves and having fun - thanks Aunt Janet!




Whatever this ride is, you couldn't pay me to ride it. I wanted to throw up just looking at it!


Aunt Janet spent a serious amount of time building Ryan a sand airplane. I have never seen a sand airplane before and I have to admit I was mighty impressed! There was even a seat way down so it looked as if he was flying. Daddy has some major competition the next time we go to the beach!


No comments: