No, well, I wasn't a huge fan either. I mean, she didn't compare to great TV shows like Punky Brewster, Land of the Lost (remember the Sleestacks?) and my all time fav, the Banana Splits! But I have to say, Jem has grown on me. Upon finding an unopened box set of Seasons 1 & 2 that I've been harboring as a video stowaway for years now, I decided to give my old friend EBay a try. And I was not disappointed... Jem and her rocker friends sold for more than $80. Either someone REALLY wants to get relive their adolescence or I just sold a gold mine. Either way, my Pay Pal account is happy to be fed.
And now it's time for some random thoughts. Well, it's not so much thinking as a lack of. It's like pregnancy brain but without being pregnant... I'm sure most of you can relate. The past 7 days have been a banner week for me. In that short period of time, I have:
Made an appt. to have my Explorer brought in to fix the broken AC. Then forgot all about the appt. a mere 2 days later and drove around in the heat wondering when I should get the AC fixed.
Left my Mac card in the machine. The walked around for a week looking for it. Finally went to cancel and replace said card only to be told by the bank guy that it had already been cancelled. And since I wasn't the one to do it, that's how I found out I left the card in the machine.
Washed my favorite white capri's with a purple sticky note in the back pocket. And to make matters even worse, it contained the address and phone number for one of Emma's dance friends, whose bday party we are supposed to go to tomorrow. So I am left clueless with stained pants.
And my all-time (weekly, that is) low...
Put my daughter in Time Out and forgot about her. It was during a play date and I managed to leave her there for a little more than the 3 minutes we normally give a TO. It was closer to 30. Yes, I suck at parenting. I thought she was in the family room watching TV with her little friend when all along, she was in the chair being quiet and good. I like to think that she was really thinking hard about what she had done and how she won't do it anymore but clearly I've just given you enough reasons why I'm not capable of simple logic so let's not kid ourselves. I have to say that until I realized (ok, was reminded) that she was there, I was actually enjoying the quiet. If it weren't for Michelle, she might still be sitting there. I'll be sure to thank her when I am on stage accepting my MOTY Award (Mother of the Year).
And since I haven't told my husband any of this prior to his reading this blog entry, I'd better get it in check before he has me committed. Or finds purple stains on his clothes.
2 comments:
Love this post. You are hilarious. I wish TO worked that well for me. Jorja remindes me every second that she is sitting in time out, it takes ever bit of me not to scream.
I agree with the Quirk family! Gage doesn't shut up (I mean, be quiet) long enough in TO for me to tell him he can come OUT of TO! Ugh!
Post a Comment