Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Kindergarten or Bust!

My baby has graduated... from pre-school! He's been going since he was 2.5 yrs old and, after Emma was born, declared he wasn't a baby and potty-trained himself. He started school with his girlfriend, Ally, and the two quickly found themselves some trouble. So much so that the next year they were assigned to different rooms. All for minor infractions, of course... too much talking, horsing around, Ryan showing off his boy bits to Ally in the bathroom. Well, that one wasn't public knowledge, thankfully. I'd hate to see my boy kicked out of Catholic pre-school at the tender age of 4.

I'm sad to see him leave... they were very good to him and he had excellent teachers along the way, especially this past year. I will miss all of the staff and how at ease I felt leaving him. They taught him well, helped him grow and I can't forget that it was a great outlet for his endless energy and need for stimulation.

This picture is from his last day

I wanted to give a gift to the school and all the teachers/kids from Ryan but was having trouble with ideas. Thanks to Kim for the 'Bucket o' Books' idea, I think it turned out pretty good with about 12 books and some sidewalk chalk (hidden in the bucket to raise the books up), sand toys, etc.

These are from his graduation. We raced home from the hospital that day (concussion and all), showered and high-tailed it to school. Neither of us wanted him to miss it if he was feeling well enough (he was) and I am so glad because it was really sweet and he did a great job.

Ryan and classmates performing their songs

Sportin' the homemade graduation cap. Good thing his long hair covers his scars, bumps and abrasions!

The class gift to their teacher - a money tree with the kids pictures included.

Miss Terri and her class - Pre K 2008
Ryan and his 2 best buds, comparing gifts that Miss Terri gave them.
Ryan and Miss Terri

A family shot, minus Emma who was too busy running through the gym

No comments: