Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The House that Newby Built

Ok, so it was the week after New Years, making it two weeks after Christmas. Ryan comes running up the stairs with the Gingerbread House Box (thanks Pop-Pop) exclaiming 'Mom, we forgot to do this!' Crap. It's not like I completely forgot. I mean, I remembered on numerous occasions but had to weigh my options... Christmas presents v. gingerbread house. I'm sure you would have done the same (unless you are Geoff). I didn't even get the outside lights up until the week before Christmas and only because I was seriously starting to believe that Ryan thinks we are lame.

Anyway, it was Wednesday and the first day of normal in over 2 weeks so I decided, what the heck. Seriously, if I can shop for Valentine's Day 2 weeks before Christmas and then shop for Easter 3 days after Christmas, whose to say I can't make a gingerbread house on January 3rd?