Tuesday, January 15, 2008
M.I.T
Stands for Mommy In Training. Emma has recently taken to dolls. I am ecstatic. I LOVED dolls growing up. I loved my Cabbies and above all else, I loved Tracey. Tracey is a doll that has been passed down through my family. I'm not sure where she started but I'm pretty sure she was mommied by my cousin Cris, passed down to my "I don't play with dolls" sister Pam, and then landed in my care. For years I dressed her, I carried her, I mothered her. I decided she needed makeup so with an orange pen, I lovingly applied eyeshadow and blush and lipstick (the remnants can still be seen today). I went through a hair phase and so naturally, she got a haircut. Cut, Chop whatever. Tracey spent many occasions in the local doll hospital as I painstakingly awaited her return. To say she was loved is an understatement. To this day, Tracey sits at my parents house. She dresses in real - not doll - clothes (one of her recent outfits was an adorable floral dress and hat that Emma had worn). I still like seeing her when we are visiting. Which leads me back to Em. She received her first doll, Elizabeth, for her first Christmas. She recently took an interest in Elizabeth and for months, carried her around everywhere. From there she moved to Jennifer and now onto Nadia. We have cradles full of dolls for her to love, and love each and every one of them she will do. Santa brought her a doll stroller this year and it barely leaves her side. She cries to take it places. With the recent unseasonably warm temps, we got a few good walks in & each and every time, Emma brought her stroller. She covered her dolly with a blankey and shushed me when I spoke because after all, Jennifer was sleeping. It was too cute not to take a picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment