Loud, Crazy Woman... (after much discussion about unhealthy water contaminants and the Royal Family, to no one inparticular) Can I get money here? Or do I have to go to the bank for that.
Completely Bewildered Checkout Boy... Yes.
LCW... I'd like $200 back, please (Holy smokes Lady, do you ever go to the bank?)
Much confusion ensues about which way to actually swipe the card through the reader. Candy rack nearly topples as agressive toddler spies a pink candy wrapper.
CBCB... (counts out 5 (five) $20 bills). All I have left is a hundred (dollar bill). Do you want that?
LCW... Not really, I'd prefer something smaller.
CBCB... So you don't want the hundred?
LCW... No.
Amidst confusion of obviously hard series of questions, CBCB hands LCW her 5 $20 bills and off she walks. To the next register when she stops to put her money in her wallet. In the meantime, CBCB tries numerous attempts to enter a SuperCard, gives up and begins to ring my items. (As if I would let him get off that easy with the SuperCard - please, that thing saved me $14!). Minutes pass. LCW returns and now she is bewildered. I cover my mouth - it must be contagious.
LCW... You only gave me $100. (shows the 20's)
CBCB... You said you didn't want the hundred. (Hard to figure out who is more bewildered at this point, LCW, CBCB, the Bagger or Me, the idiot that somehow wound up in a line that has now taken me longer to get through than the grocery store itself).
LCW... I wanted my money, I just didn't want a hundred dollar bill! But I wanted my money!
CBCB... Oh.
2 comments:
Too funny-you and Kim either need to start writing for some newspaper or start writing your own mini-series! The things that you both write just crack me up everyday!
What is wrong with Pennsylvanians? I can just imagine that same conversation in our grocery store. Hilarious!
Post a Comment