Friday, April 18, 2008

Tales from the Darkside

We've all heard of the dreaded Terrible Two's. I wish they'd just call a spade a spade and get it right... two is just an appetizer, a teaser if you will, of what your child will become when s/he enters the realm of the Terrible (Horrible, No Good, Very Bad) Three's! I remember it with Ryan, but I obviously needed this refresher course from Emma. That which does not kill her us...

It started a few weeks before her actual 3rd birthday... the crankiness, the crying, the incessant whining. The bossiness... oh, the bossiness! Prior to this new phase in her life, my Princess would only rear her ugly head in the privacy of our home, and not anywhere the general public might get a glimpse of her, lest they see her evil ways. But three has liberated her. Now we throw tantrums here, there and everywhere. We shout at our Mama. We tell her no... loudly. We hit. I think I even saw her head spin and she vomited pea green soup once. Just once. Last night I waited for DYFS to come a knockin' as I thought for sure my (new) neighbors had heard her screams. All of this caused by, ahem, bedtime. My patience is growing thinner than my hair follicles. Surely there must be a parenting book out there somewhere that addresses this hell, topic.

There are 362 days until she turns 4. Just under one thousand until Kindergarten. But who's counting?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

I have to just say, WAIT till she is a TEENAGER!!! You will be wishing for 3 again :-)

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! It was a Princesspolozza! :) I had NO idea that there were that many Sleeping Beauty cake patterns out there. Too bad, over 800 miles separate us or the girls could go Princess bike riding together. :(

Michele