Nope, just a TICK. On my daughters arm while she was going potty at 7:20AM. Funny as I don't recall seeing it there when she woke at 6:30, tho to my defense I was pretty bleary-eyed. And I know for sure it wasn't there last night since we had a mini fashion show with our purchases from the mall just before bed. She cried out in her sleep three times that night (only once requiring some Mama TLC) and I wonder... was it crawling across her body and sticking it's greedy little head below her pudgy skin during one of those times?
So there she was, on the potty when I tried to brush it off her arm. Upon taking a closer look and realizing that pesky "crumb" had legs, I left her sitting on the throne and ran for the tweezers.
Side note... ever notice how much they look like spiders? Anyone recall my intense fear of spiders, especially a look-a-like that might be burrowed below my daughters skin? Shiver.
Moving on, I tried to gently pull it and freaked a little more when doing so caused her skin to lift. I deserted her once again and ran for the computer and my best buddy Google. Surely he would know what to do. Back in action, I followed the first set of instructions I found and grasped the suckers body close to the skin and gently pulled upwards. Apparently that pressure would cause him to release in 3-4 minutes. That's a LONG time and thankfully it didn't take more than a mere 30-45 seconds. A good alcohol swab and head search later, and she was back on the couch with her juicey watching Cinderella II.
So how did your weekend start?
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment