Monday, March 3, 2008

Beautylicious!

A few weeks back Emma and I got out to the hair salon for a trim. She loves loves loves going to see Cathy and getting her haircut. She knows the type of smock they have for her. She knows that when she is done, there is typically a tray of sweet goodness for her to snack on. But mostly, she knows that she is a princess and claims the attention of everyone in the salon who will 'ohhh and ahhh' as she walks to her chair announcing 'I'm gonna get my haircut!'

Patience people, I do have a point!

So after her haircut and while she waited for me, she was treated to what will soon be my financial demise (aside from the mall, that is)... her first manicure! She sat with her hands soaking - she got her nails filed and buffed and painted. With sparkles! It was more magnificent than her almost 3 yr old brain could handle! I thought it was a sweet gesture that kept her happy. Now I realize it was anarchy. Since then we have painted nails. We have added glitter polish. We have fixed nails that 'ran out of paint.' Her brother has even fixed said nails. And recently, after I snuck away for a much needed pedicure, we have graduated to toe polish. Manis and Pedis people, that's what we do here.

No comments: