It's amazing what a few days and a tube of Polysporin can do to a boo-boo. Following our ER trip last week, Ry suffered a cold that had him back on a nebulizer and unable to blow his relentless runny nose, and I was sure an infection was in our near future. Thankfully that did not happen tho the way the scab turned yellow really had me wondering. Today was Day 6 and time for his sutures (aka wiskers) to come out. The forehead was healing like a charm - redness was minimal and a slight scab had formed. The nose, as I mentioned, was another story but was healing in it's own time - just not as pretty.
So off to the pediatrician we go and thankfully got placed with our regular Dr. who we really like and trust. He is great with the kids and very patient. We had to first soften the scab under his nose but the Dr. was able to get the stitches out with minimal effort and just a few tears. Ryan didn't even feel him remove the ones from his forehead - what a trooper! We still have some healing to do and scabs to form, but we are on our way. Next stop - Mederma and sunscreen to minimize any scarring. Check out his latest mug shot!
**This is too good (gross) not to mention... last night while discussing suture removal and how it might feel, Ryan asked if the scab below his nose would fall off in the Dr's office. The nasty, yellowish, kind of like pus and blood, crusty yet moist, scab. Did I paint a clear enough pictue for ya? I told him it was a possibility. His next question... Can I keep it?
No comments:
Post a Comment